NOTE: This page is dark on the website (cannot be found) and the URL has been redirected HOWEVER this page must remain here in order to populate attorney bio pages and practice area pages!!
Our attorneys prepare and register Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) for franchisors seeking to do business nationwide. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires all franchisors to prepare a complex disclosure document, the Franchise Disclosure Document (previously known as the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular, or UFOC), and to give a copy of it to any prospective franchisee. Within the FDD are 23 different categories of material information about the franchise, including:
- Number and location of existing outlets/stores/restaurants
- Required franchisee fees and other costs
- The obligations of the franchisee and franchisor under the terms of the franchise agreement
- Franchisor bankruptcy and litigation history
- Franchisor audited financial statements
- Franchisor earnings claims, if any
If you are a potential franchisee, an experienced franchise attorney can help you understand the significance of the details in the FDD. If you are a franchisor in need of FDD drafting, review and registration state filings, High Swartz LLP can make sure that your FDD complies with all of the FTC and state specific requirements in the states in which you wish to operate.