Real Estate Attorney Arnold Heller has a lifetime of experience in the area of real estate transactional law and land development law. He advises a diverse range of clients, including healthcare providers, condominium and planned community developers, and affordable housing developers on such matters as the creation and preservation of affordable housing and luxury housing; the formation and negotiation of partnership and limited liability company agreements; the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts; and purchases and sales of many different types of properties.
He has extensive experience in counseling clients with respect to various types of financing transactions, including sale/leasebacks; conventional and HUD insured construction and permanent loans; loans from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development; and loans provided by various county and municipal agencies.Mr. Heller has lectured on condominium law in Pennsylvania and on themes pertaining to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Mr. Heller served as law clerk to Judge Charles R. Richey of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia in 1972-73; practiced as an attorney with the Appellate Section of the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice from 1974-1977; and served as a Deputy Assistant General Counsel to the Presidential Clemency Board formed by President Ford during 1975. He was an associate and later a partner in the Philadelphia office of Blank Rome LLP from 1978 through July 2009.
Get to Know Real Estate Attorney Arnold Heller
Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 1978-present
- American Bar Association, Affordable Housing & Community Law, Member, 2009-present
- Pennsylvania Developers’ Council, Member, 2013-present
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Main Line Today Top Attorney, 2018-present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-present
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1972
- Williams College, B.A. Political Science, 1967
- Judicial law clerk to Judge Charles R. Richey, United States District Court
- Attorney Appellate Section of the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice
- Deputy Assistant General Counsel to the Presidential Clemency Board
Arn's Legal Insights
Purchasing a Condominium Unit in Pennsylvania: What to Look For
March 22, 2017 By Arnold Heller Purchasing a unit in a condominium is not the same as purchasing a single family, detached house. When purchasing a newly constructed or to be constructed condominium unit in Pennsylvania, there are certain matters that purchasers should be aware of. A few of those are listed below. New Unit […]
Right of First Refusal – Don’t Take It Lightly
September 9, 2015 By Arnold Heller, Esq. It is not unusual for a landlord to grant a tenant a right of first refusal to purchase the landlord’s property if the landlord decides to sell. While this may be just the additional incentive needed to persuade a prospective tenant to sign a lease, rights of first […]