Real estate attorney Arnold Heller has a lifetime of experience in real estate transactional law and land development law. He advises various clients, including healthcare providers, condominium and planned community developers, and affordable housing developers.
Arnold counseled these clients on a host of legal matters:
- Creation and preservation of affordable housing and luxury housing
- Formation and negotiation of partnership and limited liability company agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of construction contracts
- Purchases and sales of many different types of properties
In addition, he has extensive experience counseling clients concerning various types of financing transactions:
- Conventional and HUD-insured construction and permanent loans
- Loans from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- Loans provided by various county and municipal agencies
Heller has lectured on condominium law in Pennsylvania and themes about the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Heller served as a law clerk to Judge Charles R. Richey of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia in 1972-73. He then practiced as an attorney with the Appellate Section of the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice from 1974-1977. Later Heller served as a Deputy Assistant General Counsel to the Presidential Clemency Board formed by President Fording in 1975. Finally, he was an associate and later a partner in the Philadelphia office of Blank Rome LLP from 1978 through July 2009.
Get to Know Montgomery County Real Estate Attorney Arnold Heller
Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 1978-present
- American Bar Association, Affordable Housing & Community Law, Member, 2009-present
- Pennsylvania Developers' Council, Member, 2013-present
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Main Line Today Top Attorney, 2018-present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-present
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1972
- Williams College, B.A. Political Science, 1967
- Judicial law clerk to Judge Charles R. Richey, United States District Court
- Attorney Appellate Section of the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice
- Deputy Assistant General Counsel to the Presidential Clemency Board
Arn's Legal Insights
When Letters of Intent are Involved in Litigation
What is a Letter of Intent? A letter of intent (LOI) is a document which...
Purchasing a Condominium Unit in Pennsylvania: What to Look For
March 22, 2017 By Arnold Heller Purchasing a unit in a condominium is not the...