Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t settle for just any car accident lawyer in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and compassion you need to help you get the compensation you deserve.
According to Driver Knowledge, three million people are injured in car accidents every year in the U.S., and two million experience permanent injuries. A lot of those injuries are caused by distracted drivers. Just look at the numbers:
- Each day more than nine people are killed
- 33% of drivers text while driving
- 20% of crashes involved a distracted driver
- 40% of accidents are related to alcohol
- 33% are related to reckless driving
That's why it pays to understand your options if you're involved in a car accident. Let's start with the fact that Pennsylvania is a no-fault state. Regardless of fault, each party can collect compensation where insurance is concerned. Where Pennsylvania law is concerned, there are two options involving limited tort and full tort. Choose the former and in most cases, you will not be entitled to file a lawsuit for compensation if you're involved in a car accident. Your insurance handles any compensation.
With full tort, you can elect to forgo the no-fault system. So if you're involved in a car accident, you can file a lawsuit and the at-fault driver pays compensation relating to medical expenses and lost wages.
In Pennsylvania, you have two years to file a personal injury claim stemming from a car accident.
What should you do if you’ve been in a car accident?
Here’s a good way to look at it. If most of the damage is to your car and not you, it’s probably best to just have your insurance take care of getting your car fixed. But if you’re seriously injured and unable to work for any time or suffer a debilitating injury, talk with a car accident lawyer.
Here are steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible to make sure your injuries are properly assessed and documented.
- Don’t be quick to settle the claim with your insurance company. And be careful what you say to them especially with adjustors representing the other driver. They’re looking to minimize their costs.
- Don’t go it alone. Any car accident claim is littered with intricacies that you simply aren’t prepared to handle.
The last point is where we come in. We have experienced car accident lawyers on staff at our personal injury law firm with offices in Doylestown and Norristown that can advise you and represent you to make sure your injuries are taken seriously. Let us help. It's what we do.
Call Rich Sokorai at 610.275.0700 or email email@example.com. We'll take the time to talk through the details with you.