Count on Us for Construction Law Issues
Facing an issue or dispute with a construction project that may require mediation, arbitration, or even litigation? Then, talk with one of our construction lawyers near you at our Doylestown and Norristown law offices.
Our law firm supports a broad range of clientele. For example, we help general contractors, construction companies, homeowners, business owners, builders, subcontractors, developers, suppliers, financial institutions, and even retail chains. So, you trust our construction attorneys to help resolve your issue efficiently and affordably, whether it's a local or government contract.
Legal Services Beyond Our Construction Law Practice
When you work with our law firm, you'll access some of the best construction lawyers in the area. Plus, you'll also have access to our full lineup of legal services to help you with every legal matter. For example, we support construction projects with:
- Commercial litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Bond claims
- Construction defect and delay claims
- Contract law and business litigation
- Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act
- Mechanics' liens
- Real estate litigation
If you're a developer, we'll help you with contract law for all types of properties. That includes high-rise properties, multiple-family developments, and smaller, affordable housing developments. For example, our construction lawyers have drafted the contract for a significant expansion of a well-known museum. Likewise, our contracts cover stipulated sum, cost plus fee, and cost-plus fee with a guaranteed maximum price.
Our Real Estate Attorneys Support Construction Financing and Deal Structuring
Our law firm's real estate attorneys have experience representing developers for all types of construction projects. For instance, they handle retail projects, mixed-use housing, commercial developments, office buildings, and medical office buildings. Furthermore, that experience extends beyond Pennsylvania to projects nationwide.
Within Pennsylvania, our construction lawyers have negotiated diverse contracts for the construction industry:
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development for loans and grants from the Commonwealth
- Investors in low-income housing tax credit transactions
- Not-for-profit and for-profit entities participating as members of general partners in affordable housing transactions
- Local redevelopment authorities and local economic development authorities for land purchases and "soft loans"
- Banks and other conventional lenders for construction and HUD-insured loans
- Philadelphia regional office of HUD in connection with HUD-insured loans
- Private sellers of properties scheduled for new development or rehabilitation
- Contractors and architects providing design and construction services
- Community organizations in community benefits agreements.
Our real estate and construction attorneys have engaged in complex real estate transactions. For example, they've drafted and negotiated partnership arrangements, ground leases, and sale/leaseback documentation. Moreover, those arrangements have covered the financing, refinancing, or development of healthcare facilities and affordable housing developments.
Real Estate Agreements Supported by Our Construction Lawyers
Our law firm drafts and negotiates associated with all types of real estate development and financing. Those agreements have included:
- Architects and construction contracts
- Development agreements
- Office and retail leases
- Ground leases
- Agreements of purchase and sale
- Regulatory and operating agreements
- Conservation easements and restrictive covenants
- Access, utility, and construction easements
- Property management agreements
- Real estate brokerage and leasing agreements
- Loan documentation, including loan agreements, promissory notes, mortgages, and related security instruments, such as assignments of project documents
- Intercreditor agreements
- Partnership and limited liability company operating agreements
Our environmental law practice area ensures compliance with environmental laws and local permitting.
Construction Law Expertise for Leasing Agreements
Our construction lawyers can draft or review agreements if you're looking to lease a property. So, we've handled a variety of leasing agreements:
- Ground leases
- Commercial office facilities
- Medical office leases
- Master leases
- "Hotel" style leases for the short-term use of medical office facilities by multiple physicians.
Trust Our Construction Lawyers for Purchase and Sale Agreements
Our real estate and construction attorneys have drafted and negotiated purchase and sales agreements. Specifically, those agreements have included high and mid-rise office buildings, multi-family apartment developments, bulk condominium units, vacant land, and others.
In drafting and negotiating the agreements for sellers, our law firm pays particular attention to due diligence. Accordingly, we carefully investigate possible environmental problems, title issues, zoning, and use issues, leasing activity, and outstanding construction litigation or claims.
Our construction attorneys confer with local officials to determine whether there are violations of building or safety codes. In addition, they work to ensure that the property conforms to zoning requirements. Often, a purchaser requires development approvals before finalizing the purchase -- we can assist in that regard as well.
High Swartz Knows Construction Law
When you're facing a legal issue, talk to the construction lawyers at our law offices, whether it's contract negotiation, litigation, financing, or something else. We have convenient locations in Doylestown and Norristown. In addition to construction law expertise, our law firm can support you with a host of different practice areas. So call today to set up an appointment and get the legal knowledge you need to deliver the best outcome.