Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer if You're Injured.
Motorcycle accidents happen infrequently. For example, millions of car accidents nationwide occur annually vs. only a few hundred thousand motorcycle accidents. Although fewer accidents are associated with motorcycles, riders are 26 times more likely to die in an accident than passengers in a car accident. Moreover, injury rates are five times higher. So it pays to have a good motorcycle accident lawyer near you from a reputable personal injury law firm.
Here are a few other insights:
- There are close to 23 motorcycle deaths for every 100 million miles of road traveled in the U.S. However, that's in comparison to just 0.86 car occupant death per million miles traveled.
- Some 80% of motorcycle accidents result in injury or death vs. 20% of car accidents.
- 75% of motorcycle accidents involve collisions, typically with a car.
What Typically Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
There are a lot of reasons for motorcycle accidents. In some cases, it's just a matter of a car driving and not seeing the cyclist. But here are a few other causes. A motorcycle accident lawyer will help determine if you have a claim.
- Unsafe lane changes by drivers
- Driver opening the door of a parked car
- Driving under the influence
- Lane splitting
- Sudden stops
- Inexperienced drivers
- Left turns
- Road conditions
- Motorcycle defects
In many of these instances, it is easy to see how a third party could be responsible for the accident and potential injury. That's why you can benefit from talking with a good motorcycle accident lawyer at a local personal injury law firm.
Motorcycle injuries can be devastating for you and your family. So make sure you take your legal options seriously. Give us a call. Our personal injury lawyers will assess your case and work to get you appropriate compensation.
Call an Accident Lawyer and Take These Steps
If you or even a friend are involved in a motorcycle accident, follow these essential steps:
- Check for injuries and call have someone call 911 if you are unable
- Document the scene by taking pictures, then do your best to get your bike off the road to protect others
- Talk to anyone who witnessed the accident. Get the officer's badge number. Get insurance information.
- Call your insurance company.
The Most Important and Last Step?
Call a motorcycle accident lawyer. Often, the reality with motorcycle accidents is that it may not be your fault. If you're seriously hurt, you have every right to pursue your legal options relating to personal injury laws. For example, a simple consultation with one of the injury lawyers at our Doylestown and Norristown personal injury law firm will let you know your options.
Call Rich Sokorai at 610.275.0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll take the time to talk through the details with you.