David J. Brooman has more than three decades of experience in environmental law, zoning and land use development, and environmental litigation. His background includes negotiating creative solutions in complex land use and environmental disputes and litigation during project development.
He has also counseled public and private companies, developers and lenders, and municipal governments on the business risks and economic impacts of federal, state, and local land use and environmental regulations. David is well-versed in crisis management, and controversial land uses.
As an attorney, David provides clients with practical, strategic, and full-service counsel on all environmental and energy matters. The depth and breadth of Mr. Brooman's environmental and energy knowledge allow him to represent clients pursuing complicated and challenging issues effectively. Moreover, he successfully protects their interests in litigation or administrative and regulatory proceedings.
Mr. Brooman served as special environmental and land use counsel to a Pennsylvania municipality seeking to acquire and redevelop a former 209-acre abandoned state mental hospital complex. His efforts contributed to establishing a public/private partnership. That partnership sold 40 acres for private development (100 carriage houses and 198 age-restricted condominiums) and retained 169 acres for recreational and open space.
In addition, David spearheaded a public/private partnership to acquire and develop the former 114-acre Philadelphia Naval Shipyard as a state-of-the-art commercial shipbuilding operation for an international shipbuilder.
Get to Know Montgomery County Land Use & Environmental Law Attorney David J. Brooman
Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1982-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section, Member, 2013-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Municipal Law Section, Member, 2013-present
- New York Bar Association, Member, 2012-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 1982-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2014-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Environmental & Energy Law Committee, Chair, 2018
- Pennsylvania Resources Council, Member
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-present
- Super Lawyers List, 2019-present
- Main Line Today, Top Lawyer, 2019-present
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- New Jersey, 1983
- New York, 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1979
David Brooman's Legal Insights
PA Pipeline Construction FAQs
When many Pennsylvania landowners look out onto their backyards, they are unaware of the pipeline system that currently resides under their lawns. Many more are unaware of the bottleneck within the system that transports gas from a record-setting natural gas reserve in the Marcellus Shale region of Pennsylvania. That bottleneck is keeping over 1,000 of […]
“High compliments to Mr. David Brooman for an exceptionally high level of professional guidance and an outstanding outcome for all of the building owners. Mr. Brooman represented our office park through a long and complex easement negotiation that truly demonstrated the value of seeking the best in legal representation.”
“In my role as a Township Manager I have often depended upon this law firm and the advice of Gil High and David Brooman. They are both gentleman and professional in every encounter. They have in my opinion earned the honorable title of “Esquire”.