David provides clients with practical, strategic and full-service counsel on all environmental and energy matters. The depth and breadth of Mr. Brooman’s environmental and energy knowledge allows him to effectively represent clients pursuing complicated and challenging matters, and to successfully protect their interests in environmental litigation or administrative and regulatory proceedings.
Mr. Brooman’s engagements include serving as special environmental and land use counsel to a Pennsylvania municipality in its acquisition and redevelopment of a former 209-acre abandoned state mental hospital complex, resulting in a public/private partnership with 40 acres sold for private development (100 carriage houses and 198 age-restricted condominiums) and 169 acres retained by the municipality for recreational and open space. In addition, David spearheaded a public/private partnership to acquire and develop the former 114-acre Philadelphia Naval Shipyard for use as a state-of-the-art commercial ship building operation for an international shipbuilder.
“High compliments to Mr. David Brooman for an exceptionally high level of professional guidance and an outstanding outcome for all of the building owners. Mr. Brooman represented our office park through a long and complex easement negotiation that truly demonstrated the value of seeking the best in legal representation.” – Rich S.
“In my role as a Township Manager I have often depended upon this law firm and the advice of Gil High and David Brooman. They are both gentleman and professional in every encounter. They have in my opinion earned the honorable title of “Esquire”.
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- New Jersey, 1983
- New York, 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1979
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1982-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section, Member, 2013-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Municipal Law Section, Member, 2013-present
- New York Bar Association, Member, 2012-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 1982-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2014-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Environmental & Energy Law Committee, Chair, 2018
- Pennsylvania Resources Council, Member
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyer, 2019
- Main Line Today, Top Lawyer, 2019
High Swartz News
High Swartz is proud to announce it has received a “Best Law Firm” nod and
This popular workshop offers non-biased financial, emotional and legal divorce advice to women by Montgomery
Highland Hall Senior Housing has been chosen as the seniors housing winner in Affordable Housing