Gilbert P. High Jr.
Montgomery County Municipal Law and Estates Attorney
Municipal Law Attorney Gilbert P. High handles land development, zoning litigation, tree law, estate planning, easements, and rights of way.
High Swartz LLP
Norristown Law Office
Montgomery County, PA
Gilbert P. High, Jr., a long-standing attorney, has devoted his career to the practice of Municipal, Real Estate, Land Use Law, and Estates & Trusts. He has extensive experience in:
- Legislative drafting
- Subdivision and land development
- Zoning litigation
- Public employment issues
- Local taxation
- Public contracting
- Easements and rights of way
He regularly speaks on matters about municipal liability, particularly regarding the maintenance of the Urban Forest, a subject on which he has lectured nationally.
Mr. High also practices in estate planning, particularly in the administration of complex estates, will drafting, the creation and administration of trusts, and representation in Orphan’s Court litigation.
Get to Know Montgomery County Municipal Law and Estates Attorney Gilbert P. High Jr.
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery Bar Association, 1965-present (past Chair of the Municipal Law and the Judiciary Committees)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1999-present (former member of the House of Delegates)
- American Bar Association, 1990-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Municipal Law Colloquium, 1999 - 2017
- Pennsylvania State University Extension School, Urban Forest Liability Issues, 1994 – 2017
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Top-rated state, local and municipal attorney in Norristown, PA, 2006-present
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016- present in the field of Municipal Law
- Lawyer of the Year The Best Lawyers in America© Philadelphia Region, 2017-2018
- Top Attorney, Main Line Today, 2019
- Abington Health Foundation, Emeritus Trustee
- Abington Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust, Director and President, 2018-2019
- Local Counsel & Expert Testimony
- Pennsylvania Expert Witness Services
- Real Estate Litigation
- Municipal & Government Law
- Solicitor Services
- Real Estate Law
- Eminent Domain Law
- Real Estate Tax Law
- Zoning and Land Development
- Estate Planning
- Estate Litigation
- Power of Attorney
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
- Probate Law
- Construction Law
- Pennsylvania, 1965
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1967
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.B., 1965
- Princeton University, B.A., 1962
Gil High's Legal Insights
Pennsylvania Tree Laws
Below is a primer on the municipal laws regarding trees along property lines and public...
"We’ve used this firm’s services three times, two estates and one partnership setup. We cannot say enough about how wonderful the people are and how dedicated to their work each and everyone is. Mr. High especially showed such compassion and understanding during the difficult estate process and was always a phone call away for any questions. The partnership setup was a breeze and thoroughly explained and completed. We highly recommend this firm and will continue to use them for all our legal needs."
"Gil especially showed such compassion and understanding during the difficult estate process and was always a phone call away for any questions. The partnership setup was a breeze and thoroughly explained and completed."
"In my role as a Township Manager I have often depended upon this law firm and the advice of Gil High and David Brooman. They are both gentleman and professional in every encounter. They have in my opinion earned the honorable tittle of “Esquire”."