Sean G. Livesey
Montgomery County Real Estate Attorney
Sean G. Livesey Is a Montgomery County real estate attorney primarily focusing on real estate matters, which includes zoning and land development. He also consults with local businesses on property acquisitions, leasing, and real estate tax liability.
Primarily focusing his practice on real estate, civil, and commercial litigation, Sean G. Livesey is a real estate attorney at High Swartz's Montgomery County law office. His additional areas of experience include zoning and land development, municipal code enforcement, real estate sales, and leasing, business franchising, and landlord/tenant litigation on behalf of landlords.
Mr. Livesey is a member of the firm's municipal law group where he has acted as conflict solicitor to multiple Montgomery County and Bucks County townships. He has also represented the Philadelphia International Airport before the Philadelphia zoning board of adjustment. He argued to obtain variances required to relocate a road, paving the way for a new cargo city development adjacent to the airport.
Previously, Sean was a partner at his family's practice in Conshohocken, PA, where he advised Philadelphia area startup companies regarding property acquisitions, business structure, and real estate tax liability. Sean also consulted with Montgomery County businesses to analyze zoning and land development proposals.
Prior to his private practice work, he was an associate at a large Philadelphia law firm’s commercial group where his practice included business litigation, real estate, zoning and land use. He represented real estate developers in Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Bucks County, and Delaware County. Sean also represented landlords in complex, large-scale landlord/tenant disputes.
As a real estate attorney, Sean has:
- Represented a real estate developer seeking zoning relief for the redevelopment of a shopping plaza in South Philadelphia against consolidated local opposition
- Defended property owners against claims by the City of Philadelphia for failure to comply with local regulations, including unauthorized use, unsafe conditions, air management requirements, etc.
- Led community group meetings throughout the Philadelphia area in presenting proposed real estate development projects on behalf of developers
- Successfully navigated community concerns over major mixed-use developments in North Philadelphia to secure zoning approval
- Guided real estate developers through zoning approval processes, including hard-fought variances
- Represented neighborhood objectors in opposing the construction of a super-convenience store in Conshohocken, PA
- Represented a business owner in opposing City approval of an adult cabaret in Philadelphia
- Defended an apartment owner against human rights violation claims
- Defended multiple high rise apartment owners against tenants' habitability claims
As an associate at a large law firm in Virginia in 2018, Sean represented the claims administrator for the NFL Concussion Settlement in negotiating agreements with health systems to incorporate professionals into a diagnosing physicians network. Within the scope of the agreements, former players could be diagnosed with such neurodegenerative diseases as CTE, dementia, ALS, and Parkinson's.
Sean earned his J.D. at the University of Richmond's T.C. Williams School of Law while also obtaining his MBA at Richmond's Robins School of Business. After graduating, he served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Thomas N. O'Neill. Jr., United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Sean grew up in Montgomery County, PA and enjoys cheering on Philly sports teams with his German shepherd, Zoe, a rescue from Memphis, TN.
Get to Know Montgomery County Real Estate Attorney Sean G. Livesey
Affiliations & Honors
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- Navigating landlord-tenant issues in the wake of the Pandemic - South Jersey Paralegal Association, 2022
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law (JD), Richmond, VA Juris Doctor
- University of Richmond Robins School of Business (MBA), Richmond, VA
- University of Richmond (BA), Richmond, VA
Attorney John S. Han Joins High Swartz LLP's Norristown Law Office
High Swartz LLP is pleased to welcome criminal defense attorney John S. Han to the...
High Swartz Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 Edition
The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 edition includes 11 High Swartz Attorneys including its Ones...
- Attorney Roxanne Zhilo Joins High Swartz's Commercial Litigation Group
- Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2023
- Celebrating Diversity with the Robert E. Slota Summer 1L Program
- High Net Worth Divorce: How to Protect Your Business
- Joel D. Rosen, Esq. Joins Board of Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
- Mary Cushing Doherty Leads LLS Advocacy Group on 2023 DC visit
- High Swartz Welcomes Li Shao Via MBA Diversity Internship & Development Program
- Do I Need a DUI Lawyer?
We had a buyer committed to buy our home in Horsham so we needed an Attorney to handle the details and not a real estate agent. We had previously used High Swartz for legal work [will revision/power of attorney] and have a personal friend who is a partner. We were very happy to have Sean assigned to be our attorney, to explain and prepare the necessary paperwork and arrange the closing. During the stress of selling a home we had lived in for 46 years and the purchase of another home he guided us through the process and communicated regularly by phone and emails. I was able to supply the necessary documents on my part with his guidance. He also communicated with the buyer who felt confident in the process. I would recommend Sean to anyone involved in needing his services and would seek him out if I have further need for a lawyer.