Mr. Kerr represents developers, property managers and property owners of single and multi-family residential, hotel, shopping center, commercial, industrial, golf course, day-care, prison, utility, cell tower and airport properties. He has successfully represented these clients, in Philadelphia and throughout eastern Pennsylvania, in a variety of real estate matters and transactions. He also has assisted clients in obtaining various development, subdivision, zoning, and related approvals. Mr. Kerr also has extensive experience in successfully pursuing real estate tax assessment appeals, nonprofit real estate tax exemptions, Act 319 Agricultural Assessments and real estate tax abatements in various counties throughout eastern Pennsylvania. He has significant expertise in real estate tax assessment issues for affordable housing properties, and was part of the affordable housing industry group that successfully pursued an amendment to Pennsylvania’s assessment law as it affects affordable housing.
Additionally, Mr. Kerr has represented property owners in a variety of eminent domain matters, as well as with easement, restrictive covenant, real estate title, green building, and storm water issues. He also has significant experience in the area of real estate valuation.
Mr. Kerr has also served as special zoning and development counsel to a number of southeastern Pennsylvania municipalities.
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1991
- Rutgers University, M.S. City and Regional Planning, with honors, 1982
- Delaware Valley College, B.S., 1979
- American Bar Association, Member, 2010-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1992-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Real Estate Law Committee, Member, 2009-present
- Pennsylvania Housing Alliance Sponsorship Committee, Member, 2013-present
- Pennsylvania Developers Council, Member, 2015-present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- Main Line Today, Top Attorney, 2018
- Habitat for Humanity, Board of Directors, 2018
- Face to Face Germantown, 2017-present
- Corpus Christi Parish, Pastoral Council Member, 2009-present
- Harleysville Baseball, Youth Baseball Coach, 2005-2015
- Harleysville Baseball, Board Member and League Commissioner, 2012-2015