John was recently informed that he was selected to participate in the Criminal Justice & The Courts Advisory Committee as part of the Moving Montco Forward initiative.
What is Montco Moving Forward?
Moving Montco Forward aims to assist newly elected Montgomery County Board Commissioners Neil Makhija and Jamila Winder navigate their first 100 days in office. A diverse Steering Committee was assembled to help select and guide Advisory Committees in developing a report of actionable recommendations. Those Advisory Committees will then look at key priorities and provide guidance on actions the commissioners can take to serve the people of Montgomery County.
The advisory committees include:
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Commerce and Economic Development
- Criminal Justice and the Courts
- Government Operations and Innovation
- Human Services and Public Health
- Labor Relations and Worker Protection
- Local and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism
- Planning, Transportation and Infrastructure
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Sustainability and Climate Change
- Voting Rights and Election Integrity
The Criminal Justice & The Courts Advisory Committee will be co-chaired by Paul Heaton and Lauren Hughes.
Currently, John S. Han serves as a trial and criminal defense attorney, representing clients facing investigation and prosecution by State and Federal Law Enforcement authorities throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan region, with a particular focus on Montgomery and Bucks Counties.
John sits on the Board of Directors for the Montgomery Bar Association and is a Judicial Council Member for the National Asian Pacific Bar Association. He recently was selected to serve on the Federal Criminal Justice Act Panel in the Eastern District of PA. The CJA panel is comprised of attorneys chosen by the Board of Judges who possess the competence, experience, and commitment to provide outstanding criminal defense representation for indigent people facing prosecution in federal criminal cases.