Elizabeth Early’s areas of specialization include divorce, custody, support, equitable distribution, pre and post-nuptial agreements and abuse matters. Liz also serves as a parenting coordinator, court-appointed counsel and guardian for minor children.
Ms. Early is adept in reaching amicable resolutions whenever possible and has served as a court mediator in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Liz currently serves as a court appointed arbitrator for the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas. When litigation is required, she is prepared to argue skillfully for her client’s rights.
Some of Liz’s noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Litigating numerous child custody cases regarding school choice for children. This includes successfully securing attendance at a school best suited for a child with special needs
- Securing long term alimony for a client which was deemed sufficient to sustain their needs through retirement age
- Handling numerous child custody cases involving substance abuse while securing appropriate safeguards to protect the parties’ children
- Aiding numerous families navigate the complex legal and emotional issues surrounding the involvement of grandparents in custody cases, especially where allegations of substance abuse are present
- Assisting the estate of a deceased spouse in resolving the pending divorce matter
Liz has added licensed parenting coordinator to her skillset. Parenting coordination in PA is a tool available to parties in contentious custody cases that aims to help the parties resolve minor disputes in custody without repeated visits to the Court. In 2019, Liz along with 5 others were appointed to the Subcommittee on Support which serves and reports directly to the Montgomery County Family Justice Advisory Board. The Board makes recommendations to the Court, public policy boards, and agencies that affect family law in Montgomery County.
Ms. Early is an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Montgomery County Bar Association and a frequent speaker and writer on family law issues at the local and state levels.
Liz has been listed as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer “Rising Star” as well as Best Lawyer in America© for Family Law. Locally she has been recognized as a “Top Attorney” by both Montco Happening Magazine and Bucks Happening Magazine.
Get to Know Family Lawyer & Parenting Coordinator Elizabeth C. Early
Affiliations & Honors
- Family Justice Advisory Board of Montgomery County, Member, Sub-Committee – 2019-present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Family Law Section, Member
New Member Mentor
Membership Committee, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
Young Lawyers Division, Member
Family Law Section, Member
Family Law Section Motions Court Committee, Past Chair
Toby L. Dickman Seminar Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court for Family Law, Past Member
- Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court for Family Law, Past Member
- Top Family Law Attorney, Main Line Today, 2019
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017 – present
- MontCo Happening Magazine, Top Attorney, 2017 – present
- Bucks Happening Magazine, Top Attorney, 2017 – present
- Recipient of the Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court’s Frederick Cohen, Esquire Award of Excellence
- Montgomery County Liberty & Law Civics Program, Volunteer 5th Grade Educator
- Montgomery County Child Advocacy Project, Volunteer Attorney
- YMCA, Parent Advisory Board
- Liz has been a lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Montgomery County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Institute for Certified Public Accountants and a variety of other education and community based organizations.
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D.
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Biobehavioral Health
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable William C. Todd, III, New Jersey Superior Court, 2011-2013
Liz Early's Legal Insights
Social Media and Divorce – 5 Tips to Follow Right Now
Understand that anything you type, post, or reply can and will be used against you in a court of law. It seems like we can’t turn on the news today without hearing about yet another social media or texting disaster. We watched the downward spiral of Armie Hammer’s career due to his social media posts […]
2020 Toby L. Dickman Seminar Offering 3 Substantive CLE Credits
Parenting in a Pandemic Date: December 16, 2020 | Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Virtual The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the practice of family law. This year’s Dickman Seminar will explore this impact in a Q&A format featuring Montgomery County judges, masters, practitioners, and court representatives. The seminar will […]
- Which Parent Gets the $500 Child Stimulus Payment and How Does It Impact Support?
- 5 Tips for an Amicable Divorce
- “Earning Capacity” and What It Means for Child Support Payments
- PFA in PA: Can I Expunge My Protection From Abuse Order?
- Why is Establishing the “Date of Separation” important in a divorce?
- Child Custody Scheduling Tips During the Holidays
- School Choice and Custody Issues
- What does a Parenting Coordinator Do?
“High Swartz is a great firm. Elizabeth Early in particular is spectacular. She is a sharp as a tack and can confidently navigate all aspects of PA’s domestic relations laws. She aggressively defends my interests (and those of my family), but she is also smart enough to realize when a fight is not worth fighting and how to compromise to keep things civil and out of the court room. Liz has been an invaluable resource to me during what has proved to be one of the more challenging aspects of my life. It’s not just Liz, but the entire firm. I’ve had other attorneys work with me, while filling in for Liz, they were great. They listen to me, fully explain my options, and help me formulate the best action plan. I can’t express how great Liz and the whole crew at High Swartz have been. I’d highly recommend them.”
“I cannot say enough good things about Liz and all of the staff at High Swartz. They are very professional, personable and supportive as they made some of the most difficult times of my life seem not so hard. Thank you all!”
“No one likes getting divorced, but Elizabeth made it way easier than I ever imagined it could be. She was caring and attentive to my concerns and completely handled all the legal stuff so I could focus on more important things. I have referred her to many people who have found themselves going through a divorce and will continue to do so!”
“THANK YOU ELIZABETH EARLY!!! You made short work of my divorce. You pretty much held my hand through this process. I am an Electrician not a Lawyer but you made it simple for me to understand, and let me know every step of the way what was happening. You always communicated with me whether by phone, text, or email. i always knew where i stood through this process THANK YOU ELIZABETH EARLY.”
“I reached out to High Swartz for a legal custody issue as I was browsing for counsel and came across this firm online. Liz Early is top notch. High Swartz as a firm is top notch. All staff during our covid trial was very professional, helpful and executed the task needed. The trial (may have been first of 3 custody zoom trials in county history???) was completed at the office with all the needed material, technology and setup her and I needed to get awarded custody to where we saw it fit. A victory for our family here, the High Swartz team and Liz Early. Could not have done it without her. We are forever grateful and highly recommend the firm.”