Jennifer R. Ryan is a Bucks County family law attorney. After working at several respected Bucks and Montgomery county family law firms, Ms. Ryan brings her legal experience to High Swartz’s Doylestown law office. Jen’s practice focuses on all areas of family law including divorce, child support, child custody, alimony, equitable distribution, and protections from abuse.
Jen grew up in Bucks County, and after attending Central Bucks High School West in Doylestown, moved on to Temple University’s Fox School of Business. She graduated with a degree in Marketing and briefly worked in the adverting and marketing industry. After the birth of her 3 children, Jen returned to school, earning her J.D. from Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law.
Jen is an active member of the Bucks County Bar Association through which she also regularly provides pro-bono services to parties in Protection from Abuse actions . Outside of the office, Jen is the head coach of the Rock Gold Waye 14U National softball team based in Southampton, PA. Her daughter currently plays third base for the team. Softball runs in the family, as Jen's older daughter is committed to play for a Division II softball program in the Northeast beginning in the fall of 2022. Jen's son currently plays varisty lacrosse for Central Bucks East High School in Buckingham, PA. In her downtime, you can find Jen in her backyard tending to her garden and caring for her english bulldog – Stella, her french bulldog – Frankie and her brood of chickens.
Affiliations & Honors
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Women’s Law Division
- Membership Committee
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section
Super Lawyers Rising Stars List - 202o - present
- “Motion for Reconsideration and When is a Pleading, Order or Motion Deemed Filed,” Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Volume 41, Issue No. 1, Spring 2019
- Co-Author: Family Law Practice in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery Counties CLE – November 2016 (PBI)
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Business Valuation for Divorce
- Child Support
- Custody Cases
- Gray Divorce
- Domestic Abuse
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Marital Agreements
- Equitable Distribution
- Protection from Abuse Order
- Same-Sex Marriage and Divorce
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Spousal Support, APL and Alimony
- PFA Orders
• Pennsylvania, 2015
• New Jersey, 2015
• Kline School of Law, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - J.D. – 2015
• Fox School of Business, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - B.A. cum laude – 2001, Business and Marketing Major
How to Qualify for Disability
Social Security uses a strict 5-step process to determine if you qualify for disability. That's true regardless of whether you apply for SSDI or SSI benefits. If you're questioning how to qualify for disability, you are unlikely to receive benefits if you don't match the criteria listed in the below steps. So let's get to […]
Tax Update 2022: Child Tax Credit for Separated or Divorced Parents
If you're a divorced or separated parent, now is the time to discuss who will claim each child as dependent on your 2021 tax return to maximize the child tax credit. Talking with a family law attorney can also give you more insight. A Family Law Attorney May Help Increase Your Child Tax Credit We've […]
- How to Choose the Best Lawyer
- Date of Separation and What PA Courts Consider During a Divorce
- Ever Wonder About the Difference Between a Lawyer vs. Attorney?
- Can Catholics Get a Prenuptial Agreement?
- High Swartz has been named a Tier 1 National Law firm for Land Use & Zoning Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2022
- What are Consentable Lines in Pennsylvania?
- Grandparent Rights to Child Custody and Visitation in PA
- Child Support Termination in Pennsylvania
While going through my divorce, Jennifer Ryan became my family lawyer, and during the process, I gained a friend. She was very thorough and looked out for my best interests. She told me the truth and didn't sugarcoat it. Jennifer is a very genuine person.