High Swartz Managing Partner and Corporate Law Attorney Joel D. Rosen’s practice areas include franchise law, business, commercial law, employment law, trademark/copyright law, and commercial leasing.
Rosen counsels numerous businesses with corporate and commercial transactions, including formation, mergers & acquisitions, licensing, sales, and financing projects. His corporate client base spans a broad spectrum of industries:
- Food and restaurants
- Consumer products
- Media and entertainment
- Nonprofit organizations
Rosen presently serves on the Board of Directors of several nonprofit organizations, including The Hepatitis B Foundation, The Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center, The Baruch S. Blumberg Institute, and the Montgomery Bar Foundation.
Before joining High Swartz in 2007, he owned the Law Offices of Joel Rosen. He also served as Vice President/General Counsel of NutriSystem, Inc., and Senior Corporate Counsel of AAMCO Transmissions, Inc.
Get to Know Montgomery County Corporate Law Attorney Joel D. Rosen
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2016-Present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 1982 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1982 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1982 - Present
- Bucks County Bar Association, Member, 2016-Present
- ABA Forum on Franchising, Member, 1985 - Present
- Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2017 - Present
- AV Distinguished Ranking, Martindale Hubbell
- Main Line Today, Top Lawyer, 2019
- Hepatitis B Foundation (Doylestown, PA), Chairman of the Board of Directors (2008-Present), Member of the Board (2003 – Present), Member of Executive Committee (2005 – Present)
- Institute for Hepatitis and Virus Research, Member of the Board of Directors (2005 – Present)
- Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center, Member of the Board of Directors (2007 – Present)
- The Baruch S. Blumberg Institute, Member of the Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1982
- University of Florida School of Law, J.D., Gainesville, FL, 1982
Honors: Appellate Advocacy
Taught Appellate Advocacy as a 3rd year law student
- Brandeis University, B.A., cum laude, History, Waltham, MA 1979
Positions: Student Senator, 1975-76
Joel D. Rosen's Legal Insights
Choosing a Business Structure
Starting your own business can be rewarding and energizing. And yes, it can be a bit stressful. You have numerous essential decisions to make during the critical start-up phase. One of the most significant decisions is choosing a business structure. It’s best to seek counsel from an accountant, business counselor, and business lawyer when deciding. […]
What is an LLC Operating Agreement?
An operating agreement is essential if you're forming a limited liability corporation (LLC). An LLC operating agreement, also referred to as an LLC agreement, establishes the business' financial and managerial duties, including rules, regulations, and provisions. In short, it governs the internal operations of the company. As an LLC, the operating agreement addresses various issues […]
- Should I form an LLC for an Investment Property?
- Business Interruption Insurance in PA – Are You Really Covered During the Pandemic?
- Understanding the Franchise Disclosure Document
- A Primer on Impeachment in the United States According to the U.S. Constitution
- Reading between the lines: What is in a Franchise Agreement?
"In 2009 my company went through a major reorganization. As President, I had to find a new law firm and in particular an attorney who could guide us through a rather complicated situation. I looked to my personal attorney for help; recognizing that I needed a specialist in corporate matters, he referred me to High Swartz and in particular Joel Rosen. It took only one meeting with Joel for me to recognize that I was in great hands. Over the years, his counsel has proven to be invaluable, only to be topped by the friendship we’ve developed. His opinion and advice is always only a phone call or email away. Choosing a law firm and a great attorney shouldn’t be left to chance. High Swartz is a great choice."
"Always willing and ready and able to help in anyway. Their team's experience and knowledge enables them to provide advice and guidance on such a variety of subject matters. I look to them again and again and again…"
"High Swartz has provided sound corporate law and real estate law counsel In my work as President of the non-profit Hepatitis B Foundation as well as its research arm, the Baruch S. Blumberg Institute and its Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center. I want to emphasize that their common sense and candor has often been as valuable as their legal know-how. They also have a commitment to the community, as evidenced by the fact that High Swartz’s Managing Partner, Joel D. Rosen sits on the board of all 3 non profit organizations. He has gone above and beyond providing his legal knowledge and generosity to me and to those dedicated our cause."