Judith A. Algeo
Bucks County Family Law Attorney
Judith A. Algeo is a skilled family law attorney in Bucks County, PA. She represents individuals in all matters of family law including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and alimony, and equitable distribution.
High Swartz LLP
Doylestown Law Office
Bucks County, PA
"As a Bucks County Family Law attorney, I strive every day to keep my clients informed and educated about their legal process. It can be a daunting road, but with teamwork and transparency, great things can happen."
Judith A. Algeo is a skilled family law attorney in Bucks County, PA. She represents individuals in family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and alimony, and equitable distribution. With her experience as an adoption attorney, Ms. Algeo handles both termination of parental rights matters and second parent adoptions. Judith was a family therapist in private practice before beginning her legal career.
Ms. Algeo has served Bucks County in many ways over her career. In addition to serving on the Bucks County court's conflict list to represent parents in child dependency cases, Judith serves on the list of court-approved Bucks County custody mediators. She often represents neglected and abused children as a conflict Guardian Ad Litem.
Judith served as vice president of the Board of Directors for Legal Aid of Southeast Pennsylvania (LASP), which offers Free civil legal aid for low-income families in Bucks County. She assists LASP by frequently representing clients in Protection from Abuse proceedings.
Judith is past President of the Bucks County Bar Association (BCBA) and has served several terms on its Board of Directors. She is a past chair of the BCBA Family Law Section and a former chair of its Pro Bono Committee. You can find her frequently sharing her family law knowledge during CLEs for the BCBA.
Judith has been elected four times to the Board of Supervisors in Warwick Township, Bucks County. She has also been elected Chairperson of that board for the last 17 years. She is the past President of the Bucks County Association of Township Officials (BCATO) and currently serves on the Board of Directors.
Affiliations & Honors
- Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
- Conflict List Parents' Lawyers For Dependency Court, Member, 2008-present
- Conflict List for Guardian Ad Litem Office For Bucks County Office of the Guardian Ad Litem, Member, 2000-present
- Bucks County Bar Association- 1997 - present
- Approved Mediators List, Member, 2007-present
- President, 2006-2007
- President-Elect, 2005-2006
- Secretary, Board of Directors, 2004-2005
- Family Law Section, Member, Chair, 2003
- Woman Lawyers' Division, Chair, 2000
- Children's Advocacy Committee, Chair, 2000-2005
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair, 2001-2002
- Pro Bono Committee, Chair, 2008-2009, 2012-2018
- Pro Bono Service Award, 1998 through 2003
- Lawyers Helping Lawyers, Chair, 2000
- Honorable Arthur B. Walsh Jr. Award for Pro Bono Services, 2000
- Budget Committee, 2007-2017
- Women's Lawyer Division, 1998-present
- Bucks County Bar Foundation
- Member of the Board of Trustees, 2003-2018
- Treasurer, 2010-2013,
- Vice Chair, 2013
- President, 2015
- Secretary, 2017
- Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, Member, 1997-present
- Member of the House of Delegates, 2006-2009
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award, Recipient, 1999, 2001
- American Bar Association, Jean Crowe Award for Pro Bono Services, 2017
- Bucks Count American Inn of Courts, Member, 2011-2019
- American Inns of Courts, Program Award Committee, 2015-2018
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Member
- Board of Directors, 2008-present
- Chairperson, 2018-2020
- Secretary, 2014-2016
- Vice Chair, 2016-present
- Community Commitment Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- National Network of Runaway & Homeless Youth Services
- Board of Directors, 1985-1988, 2000
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Runaway Youth Services
- Board of Directors, Chair, 1985-1986
- Youth Services Alliance of Pennsylvania, Member
- Interagency Youth Coalition of Bucks Countyu
- Board of Directors, Chair, 1985-1993
- Bucks County Aids Network, Member
- Treasurer, 1988-1990
- Warwick Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Board of Supervisors, Chairperson, 2003-present
- Zoning Hearing Board, Secretary, 1994-1999
- Youth Aid Panel, 1994-1995
- Hatboro Federal Savings and Loan
- Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1995
- LaSalle University, M.A., 1989
- LaSalle University, B.A., 1978
Avoid These 6 Unusual Traffic Violations in PA
As a driver in Pennsylvania, it's essential to be aware of the various traffic laws...
Shari Gelfont Williams Participates in Pro Bono Innovation Discussion
Family Law attorney and Chair of the Bucks County Bar Association Pro Bono Committee, Shari...
- Attorney David J. Brooman Comments on Governor's Recent Criminal Referral To ABC27 Harrisburg
- How Would a Non-Compete Ban Impact My Business? – 5 Things to Know
- Navigating the Social Security Disability Benefits Application Process in 2023
- Estate Administration and Probate Attorney William J. Benz Joins the Firm
- Attorney Gilbert P. High, Jr. Honored for His 57 Years of Service
- High Swartz Municipal Lawyers Group Profile - Suburban Life Magazine
- Mark R. Fischer, Jr. Named President of the Montgomery Bar Association Trial Lawyers Section
- Shari R. Gelfont Williams Presents 2022 Arthur B. Walsh, Jr. Pro Bono Publico Award