Judith A. Algeo
Bucks County Family Law Attorney
Judith A. Algeo is a skilled family law attorney in Bucks County, PA. She represents individuals in all matters of family law including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and alimony, and equitable distribution.
"As a Bucks County Family Law attorney, I strive every day to keep my clients informed and educated about their legal process. It can be a daunting road, but with teamwork and transparency, great things can happen."
Judith A. Algeo is a skilled family law attorney in Bucks County, PA. She represents individuals in family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and alimony, and equitable distribution. With her experience as an adoption attorney, Ms. Algeo handles both termination of parental rights matters and second parent adoptions. Judith was a family therapist in private practice before beginning her legal career.
Ms. Algeo has served Bucks County in many ways over her career. In addition to serving on the Bucks County court's conflict list to represent parents in child dependency cases, Judith serves on the list of court-approved Bucks County custody mediators. She often represents neglected and abused children as a conflict Guardian Ad Litem.
Judith served as vice president of the Board of Directors for Legal Aid of Southeast Pennsylvania (LASP), which offers Free civil legal aid for low-income families in Bucks County. She assists LASP by frequently representing clients in Protection from Abuse proceedings.
Judith is past President of the Bucks County Bar Association (BCBA) and has served several terms on its Board of Directors. She is a past chair of the BCBA Family Law Section and a former chair of its Pro Bono Committee. You can find her frequently sharing her family law knowledge during CLEs for the BCBA.
Judith has been elected four times to the Board of Supervisors in Warwick Township, Bucks County. She has also been elected Chairperson of that board for the last 17 years. She is the past President of the Bucks County Association of Township Officials (BCATO) and currently serves on the Board of Directors.
Affiliations & Honors
- Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
- Conflict List Parents' Lawyers For Dependency Court, Member, 2008-present
- Conflict List for Guardian Ad Litem Office For Bucks County Office of the Guardian Ad Litem, Member, 2000-present
- Bucks County Bar Association- 1997 - present
- Approved Mediators List, Member, 2007-present
- President, 2006-2007
- President-Elect, 2005-2006
- Secretary, Board of Directors, 2004-2005
- Family Law Section, Member, Chair, 2003
- Woman Lawyers' Division, Chair, 2000
- Children's Advocacy Committee, Chair, 2000-2005
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair, 2001-2002
- Pro Bono Committee, Chair, 2008-2009, 2012-2018
- Pro Bono Service Award, 1998 through 2003
- Lawyers Helping Lawyers, Chair, 2000
- Honorable Arthur B. Walsh Jr. Award for Pro Bono Services, 2000
- Budget Committee, 2007-2017
- Women's Lawyer Division, 1998-present
- Bucks County Bar Foundation
- Member of the Board of Trustees, 2003-2018
- Treasurer, 2010-2013,
- Vice Chair, 2013
- President, 2015
- Secretary, 2017
- Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, Member, 1997-present
- Member of the House of Delegates, 2006-2009
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award, Recipient, 1999, 2001
- American Bar Association, Jean Crowe Award for Pro Bono Services, 2017
- Bucks Count American Inn of Courts, Member, 2011-2019
- American Inns of Courts, Program Award Committee, 2015-2018
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Member
- Board of Directors, 2008-present
- Chairperson, 2018-2020
- Secretary, 2014-2016
- Vice Chair, 2016-present
- Community Commitment Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- National Network of Runaway & Homeless Youth Services
- Board of Directors, 1985-1988, 2000
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Runaway Youth Services
- Board of Directors, Chair, 1985-1986
- Youth Services Alliance of Pennsylvania, Member
- Interagency Youth Coalition of Bucks Countyu
- Board of Directors, Chair, 1985-1993
- Bucks County Aids Network, Member
- Treasurer, 1988-1990
- Warwick Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Board of Supervisors, Chairperson, 2003-present
- Zoning Hearing Board, Secretary, 1994-1999
- Youth Aid Panel, 1994-1995
- Hatboro Federal Savings and Loan
- Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1995
- LaSalle University, M.A., 1989
- LaSalle University, B.A., 1978
Our Doylestown Law Office Welcomes Paralegal Jennifer Gisondi
The firm is pleased to welcome paralegal Jennifer Gisondi to our Doylestown law office. She will be working in our Family law practice group. Jen joins us after spending 20 years with the County of Bucks in the Domestic Relations Section. She started as a customer service rep and quickly became a Domestic Relations Officer. […]
Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2022
If you're dealing with commercial, residential, or real estate development, you need to be aware of Philadelphia transfer tax. Post Updated: 10.24.22 In Pennsylvania, the state and the county impose a real estate transfer tax based on the property's location. So, it's essential to familiarize yourself with Philadelphia's transfer tax if you're looking to transfer […]
- High Swartz LLP has been named a Tier 1 National Law firm for Land Use & Zoning Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2023
- Emily Bushnell Elevated to Executive Director at High Swartz LLP
- Michael A. Luongo Joins our Doylestown Law Office
- Judith Algeo and Don Petrille of our Doylestown Law Office Elected Partners
- Shari Gelfont Williams Joins the Firm's Family Law Practice
- Do I Need a Commercial Lease Attorney?
- Watch out for Non-Hire and Anti-Poaching Agreements!
- Non-Compete 101