Matthew T. Hovey is a Montgomery County civil litigation attorney practicing out of our Norristown law office. Mr. Hovey joins us after spending the past few years with a Pottstown law firm. Matt practices in multiple different legal areas such as civil litigation, employment law, zoning, land use, and real estate with a keen focus on municipal law. His municipal work includes multiple assistant and substitute solicitorships in Montgomery County and Chester County.
Matt earned his B.A. at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA where he majored in Political Science and minored in History. Politics was a big part of his undergrad, as he served as Treasurer, then President of Student Government.
After undergrad, Mr. Hovey earned his Juris Doctorate at Villanova University’s School of Law. He was a member of the school’s distinguished Law Review and later interned with the Litigation, Civil Rights and Governmental Department for the Legal Department of the School District of Philadelphia. He also interned with Federal District Judge James M. Munley of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Matt is currently the President of the Board of Directors of Multi Service, Inc. in Boyertown, PA. The non-profit operates the Center at Spring Street which offers case management, tax preparation, emergency financial assistance, and speech therapy for those in need. They also deliver meals to seniors throughout Montgomery County and Berks County.
Matt lives in Pottstown, PA and in his free time enjoys local sports teams, golfing, and photography.
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Berks County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania – J.D. – 2009
- Moravian College – B.A. – 2006
- School District of Philadelphia: Legal Department – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Law Clerk, Summer 2008
- Federal District Judge James M. Munley, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania – Legal Intern, Summer 2007
Child Support for College Students in NJ
Now that your child is off to college, you may be wondering, “What is my obligation for child support?” If you live in New Jersey, you will likely have a continuing obligation to pay child support for college students. If you have any questions, it’s best to reach out to a child support lawyer for […]
Free Divorce Advice & Support Workshop
This popular workshop offers non-biased financial and legal divorce advice to women by Montgomery County professionals seeking to inform and enlighten during trying times. Summer vacations are over and it’s back to school, work and reality for most couples and families. If you have been experiencing issues with your marriage and are contemplating divorce, please […]
- High Swartz’s Chelsey A. Christiansen Prevails Before PA Supreme Court in Termination of Parental Rights Case
- High Swartz Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 Edition
- US Supreme Court Limits Scope of Computer Fraud Law
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Invalidates No-Hire Contracts
- High Swartz Welcomes 3 Attorneys
- US Supreme Court Rejects School District’s Sanctions Against Cheerleader Despite Outburst
- Family Attorney Jennifer R. Ryan Joins Our Doylestown Office
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Mr. Matthew Hovey helped me with professionalism and kindness. He really cares about his clients and does a great job. I would highly recommend him for all of your needs. If he doesn’t personally have a background in your particular legal need, someone at his firm will be able to help. They are all fantastic and very client oriented. It is nice to use a local firm and stay close to home with big city results.
Attorney Hovey assisted me professionally from the beginning of my case to the end. My case was a rather complex zoning issue that required a considerable amount of attention. Attorney Hovey went above and beyond the call of duty to make certain this case ended in my favor. I would highly recommend him in any area of his expertise and I will be retaining his services again in the near future!
We had issues with a contractor who left our property damaged following his work. After failed attempts to contact him and resolve the issue on our own we sought the assistance of Mr. Hovey. He was able to resolve the issue to our satisfaction in a timely manner and was professional and knowledgeable. He addressed our concerns and kept us informed throughout the process. We would definitely seek his assistance in the future if needed again and would strongly recommend him to other potential clients.