Matthew T. Hovey is a civil litigation attorney practicing in our Norristown law office in Montgomery County. Hovey joined the firm after spending the past few years with a Pottstown law firm.
Matt focuses on municipal law with attention to:
- Civil litigation
- Employment law
- Land use
- Real estate.
His municipal work includes multiple assistant and substitute solicitorships in Montgomery County and Chester County.
Matt earned his B.A. at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA, where he majored in Political Science and minored in History. Politics was a big part of his undergrad, as he served as Treasurer, then President of Student Government.
After undergrad, Hovey earned his Juris Doctorate at Villanova University’s School of Law and was a member of the school’s distinguished Law Review. He later interned with the Litigation, Civil Rights, and Governmental Department for the Legal Department of the School District of Philadelphia. Hovey also interned with Federal District Judge James M. Munley of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Matt is currently the President of the Board of Directors of Multi Service, Inc. in Boyertown, PA. The non-profit operates the Center at Spring Street, which offers case management, tax preparation, emergency financial assistance, and speech therapy for those in need. They also deliver meals to seniors throughout Montgomery County and Berks County.
Matt lives in Pottstown, PA, and enjoys local sports teams, golfing, and photography in his free time.
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Berks County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania - J.D. - 2009
- Moravian College - B.A. - 2006
- School District of Philadelphia: Legal Department - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Law Clerk, Summer 2008
- Federal District Judge James M. Munley, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania - Legal Intern, Summer 2007
Brianna Teicher Joins the Firm as Business Law Clerk
The firm is pleased to announce the addition of Montgomery County Law Clerk Brianna Teicher to its Norristown law office. A recent graduate of Drexel University’s Kline School of Law, Brianna Teicher will support the firm’s business practice by researching and drafting legal documents. Brianna has the fortunate opportunity to gain valuable legal experience, even […]
What If My Employer Doesn’t Have Workers Comp?
With limited exceptions, Pennsylvania requires employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Employees will be happy to know that workers' comp coverage applies to those throughout their employment. But what if your employer doesn’t have workers’ comp? First, your employer faces some harsh penalties. It’s considered a criminal offense where the employer faces fines up to […]
- Elizabeth C. Early to Present at PBI Family Law Institute 2022
- Small Business Legal Issues
- Chelsey A. Christiansen Selected as Treasurer of Montgomery Bar Association's Young Lawyer Section
- High Swartz to Host Office Picnic During the 2022 Doylestown Memorial Day Parade
- High Swartz Family Law Group sponsors MCAP’s 1st Annual Family Day at Elmwood Park Zoo
- Family Lawyer vs. Divorce Lawyer
- Sean G. Livesey Joins High Swartz LLP's Real Estate Practice Group
- Free Divorce Advice & Support Workshop
Mr. Matthew Hovey helped me with professionalism and kindness. He really cares about his clients and does a great job. I would highly recommend him for all of your needs. If he doesn't personally have a background in your particular legal need, someone at his firm will be able to help. They are all fantastic and very client oriented. It is nice to use a local firm and stay close to home with big city results.
Attorney Hovey assisted me professionally from the beginning of my case to the end. My case was a rather complex zoning issue that required a considerable amount of attention. Attorney Hovey went above and beyond the call of duty to make certain this case ended in my favor. I would highly recommend him in any area of his expertise and I will be retaining his services again in the near future!
We had issues with a contractor who left our property damaged following his work. After failed attempts to contact him and resolve the issue on our own we sought the assistance of Mr. Hovey. He was able to resolve the issue to our satisfaction in a timely manner and was professional and knowledgeable. He addressed our concerns and kept us informed throughout the process. We would definitely seek his assistance in the future if needed again and would strongly recommend him to other potential clients.