Matthew practices in multiple different legal areas such as civil litigation, employment law, zoning, land use, and real estate with an acute focus on municipal law. His municipal work includes multiple appointments in Montgomery County and Chester County.
His municipal work includes multiple appointments to local zoning hearing boards and solicitorships to townships and boroughs. Matthew's regional municipal appointments currently include:
- Spring City Borough: Solicitor
- Pottstown Borough: Assistant Solicitor
- Limerick Township: Assistant Solicitor, Zoning Hearing Board
- Lower Pottsgrove Township: Civil Service Commissioner, Zoning Hearing Board
- West Pottsgrove Township: Zoning Hearing Board
- Oley Township: Conflict Counsel, Zoning Hearing Board
- Royersford Borough: Substitute Counsel, Zoning Hearing Board
- Upper Providence Township: Conflict Counsel, Zoning Hearing Board
Matt earned his B.A. at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA, where he majored in Political Science and minored in History. Politics was a big part of his undergrad, as he served as Treasurer, then President of Student Government.
After undergrad, Hovey earned his Juris Doctorate at Villanova University’s School of Law and was a member of the school’s distinguished Law Review. He later interned with the Litigation, Civil Rights, and Governmental Department for the Legal Department of the School District of Philadelphia. Hovey also interned with Federal District Judge James M. Munley of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Matt is currently the President of the Board of Directors of Multi Service, Inc. in Boyertown, PA. The non-profit operates the Center at Spring Street, which offers case management, tax preparation, emergency financial assistance, and speech therapy for those in need. They also deliver meals to seniors throughout Montgomery County and Berks County.
Matt lives in Pottstown, PA, and enjoys local sports teams, golfing, and photography in his free time.
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Berks County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania - J.D. - 2009
- Moravian College - B.A. - 2006
- School District of Philadelphia: Legal Department - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Law Clerk, Summer 2008
- Federal District Judge James M. Munley, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania - Legal Intern, Summer 2007
Attorney John S. Han Joins High Swartz LLP's Norristown Law Office
High Swartz LLP is pleased to welcome criminal defense attorney John S. Han to the...
High Swartz Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 Edition
The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 edition includes 11 High Swartz Attorneys including its Ones...
- Attorney Roxanne Zhilo Joins High Swartz's Commercial Litigation Group
- Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2023
- Celebrating Diversity with the Robert E. Slota Summer 1L Program
- High Net Worth Divorce: How to Protect Your Business
- Joel D. Rosen, Esq. Joins Board of Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
- Mary Cushing Doherty Leads LLS Advocacy Group on 2023 DC visit
- High Swartz Welcomes Li Shao Via MBA Diversity Internship & Development Program
- Do I Need a DUI Lawyer?
Mr. Matthew Hovey helped me with professionalism and kindness. He really cares about his clients and does a great job. I would highly recommend him for all of your needs. If he doesn't personally have a background in your particular legal need, someone at his firm will be able to help. They are all fantastic and very client oriented. It is nice to use a local firm and stay close to home with big city results.
Attorney Hovey assisted me professionally from the beginning of my case to the end. My case was a rather complex zoning issue that required a considerable amount of attention. Attorney Hovey went above and beyond the call of duty to make certain this case ended in my favor. I would highly recommend him in any area of his expertise and I will be retaining his services again in the near future!
We had issues with a contractor who left our property damaged following his work. After failed attempts to contact him and resolve the issue on our own we sought the assistance of Mr. Hovey. He was able to resolve the issue to our satisfaction in a timely manner and was professional and knowledgeable. He addressed our concerns and kept us informed throughout the process. We would definitely seek his assistance in the future if needed again and would strongly recommend him to other potential clients.