Michael A. Luongo, Esq. is a Bucks County attorney in the firm's business litigation, personal injury, criminal defense, and municipal practices. Michael joined High Swartz after practicing in the litigation department at a prominent law firm in Blue Bell, PA.
Michael defend depositions, drafts and argues various motions, and served as first and second chair at trials. He represents his clients in a variety of commercial and business litigation matters, including:
- Breach of Contract
- Business Divorces
- Construction Litigation
- Execution & Enforcement of Judgments
- Employment Litigation
- Estates and Trusts Litigation
- Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions
- Breach of Warranties & Representations
- Temporarily Restraining Orders
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- Land Use & Zoning Disputes
- Unfair Trade Practices & Consumer Protection Law
Prior to his time there as a business litigator and criminal defense attorney, Michael served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Luongo litigated multiple high-profile criminal cases, including hundreds of bench trials and jury trials. He was the designated vertical prosecutor handling all Press Cases, Non-Fatal Shootings and Gunpoint Robberies. He also conducted hearings for motions to suppress, bail, quash, discovery, reconsider, and consolidate prior bad acts. It was Michael's trial and prosecution acumen that assisted him in getting a promotion to Northeast Philadelphia's top prosecutor position.
Michael displays strong business knowledge and skill in his work as a small and medium-sized business litigator in the Philadelphia region. He also assists the firm's municipal group, consisting of attorneys who counsel multiple first and second class townships in the region as solicitors.
While at law school at Rutgers of Camden, Michael served Philadelphia County's Court of Common Pleas judge, the Honorable Rose Mare Defino-Nastasi as a summer law clerk. He earned a Master's of Business Administration from LaSalle University and also a Bachelor's of Science from Lehigh University. Michael also studied International Business during his time at Villanova University's Post Grad Program and worked at a marketing firm during his law school days.
Michael currently lives in Doylestown, PA and is active in the Montgomery Bar and Pennsylvania Bar Associations.
Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member
- Montgomery Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School, Juris Doctor
- Widener University School of Law
- Villanova University - Post MBA Certificate - International Business
- LaSalle University - MBA, Management & Human Resources
- Lehigh University - BS, Business and Economics
Our Doylestown Law Office Welcomes Paralegal Jennifer Gisondi
The firm is pleased to welcome paralegal Jennifer Gisondi to our Doylestown law office. She will be working in our Family law practice group. Jen joins us after spending 20 years with the County of Bucks in the Domestic Relations Section. She started as a customer service rep and quickly became a Domestic Relations Officer. […]
Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2022
If you're dealing with commercial, residential, or real estate development, you need to be aware of Philadelphia transfer tax. Post Updated: 10.24.22 In Pennsylvania, the state and the county impose a real estate transfer tax based on the property's location. So, it's essential to familiarize yourself with Philadelphia's transfer tax if you're looking to transfer […]
- High Swartz LLP has been named a Tier 1 National Law firm for Land Use & Zoning Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2023
- Emily Bushnell Elevated to Executive Director at High Swartz LLP
- Michael A. Luongo Joins our Doylestown Law Office
- Judith Algeo and Don Petrille of our Doylestown Law Office Elected Partners
- Shari Gelfont Williams Joins the Firm's Family Law Practice
- Do I Need a Commercial Lease Attorney?
- Watch out for Non-Hire and Anti-Poaching Agreements!
- Non-Compete 101