Michael A. Luongo, Esq. is a Bucks County attorney in the firm's business litigation, personal injury, criminal defense, and municipal practices. Michael joined High Swartz after practicing in the litigation department at a prominent law firm in Blue Bell, PA.
Michael defend depositions, drafts and argues various motions, and served as first and second chair at trials. He represents his clients in a variety of commercial and business litigation matters, including:
- Breach of Contract
- Business Divorces
- Construction Litigation
- Execution & Enforcement of Judgments
- Employment Litigation
- Estates and Trusts Litigation
- Will contest litigation
- Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions
- Breach of Warranties & Representations
- Temporarily Restraining Orders
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- Land Use & Zoning Disputes
- Unfair Trade Practices & Consumer Protection Law
Prior to his time there as a business litigator and criminal defense attorney, Michael served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Luongo litigated multiple high-profile criminal cases, including hundreds of bench trials and jury trials. He was the designated vertical prosecutor handling all Press Cases, Non-Fatal Shootings and Gunpoint Robberies. He also conducted hearings for motions to suppress, bail, quash, discovery, reconsider, and consolidate prior bad acts. It was Michael's trial and prosecution acumen that assisted him in getting a promotion to Northeast Philadelphia's top prosecutor position.
Michael displays strong business knowledge and skill in his work as a small and medium-sized business litigator in the Philadelphia region. He also assists the firm's municipal group, consisting of attorneys who counsel multiple first and second class townships in the region as solicitors. Michael acts as conflict solicitor for High Swartz to multiple Bucks County Zoning Hearing Boards. Conversely, he represents individuals, property owners, and business owners before zoning hearing boards in the region.
While at law school at Rutgers of Camden, Michael served Philadelphia County's Court of Common Pleas judge, the Honorable Rose Mare Defino-Nastasi as a summer law clerk. He earned a Master's of Business Administration from LaSalle University and also a Bachelor's of Science from Lehigh University. Michael also studied International Business during his time at Villanova University's Post Grad Program and worked at a marketing firm during his law school days.
Michael currently lives in Doylestown, PA and is active in the Montgomery Bar and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. He is currently the Vice President of the Montgomery American Inn of Court. The American Inns of Court are associations where lawyers, judges and other legal professionals can come together to discuss legal issues.
Get to Know Bucks County Business Litigation Attorney Michael A. Luongo
Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery American Inn of Court, Vice President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member
- Montgomery Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Bucks County Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School, Juris Doctor
- Widener University School of Law
- Villanova University - Post MBA Certificate - International Business
- LaSalle University - MBA, Management & Human Resources
- Lehigh University - BS, Business and Economics
Attorney John S. Han Joins High Swartz LLP's Norristown Law Office
High Swartz LLP is pleased to welcome criminal defense attorney John S. Han to the...
High Swartz Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 Edition
The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 edition includes 11 High Swartz Attorneys including its Ones...
- Attorney Roxanne Zhilo Joins High Swartz's Commercial Litigation Group
- Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2023
- Celebrating Diversity with the Robert E. Slota Summer 1L Program
- High Net Worth Divorce: How to Protect Your Business
- Joel D. Rosen, Esq. Joins Board of Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
- Mary Cushing Doherty Leads LLS Advocacy Group on 2023 DC visit
- High Swartz Welcomes Li Shao Via MBA Diversity Internship & Development Program
- Do I Need a DUI Lawyer?