The High Swartz employment law attorneys provide businesses and nonprofit organizations throughout the Pennsylvania region, including Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, Philadelphia and Chester County with sound advice and excellent representation. Our employment law attorneys deal with workplace issues in an ever-changing environment, and seek to minimize the risk of employee lawsuits for our clients.
Our goal is to provide employers with a productive and positive workplace environment. This goal requires attention to both large scale drafting of policies and procedures and handling individual employment law problems. We counsel and serve employers on general employment policies in the following areas:
- Drafting and developing employee handbooks, manuals and personnel policies
- Training on job interview practices
- Advising on privacy issues, such as drug and alcohol testing
- Advising on compliance with employment discrimination laws, including the laws on race, gender and age discrimination, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Drafting work and advice on Affirmative Action Plans
- Advising on Wage and Hour Law compliance
We also handle individual employment matters for employers in the following areas:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing employment contracts
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing severance agreements
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing covenants not to compete, non-solicitation agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Advising on employee discipline issues
- Advising on the decision to discharge employees and the process for discharging employees
- Drafting and revision of discipline, discharge and dismissal policies
- Attorneys in our employment law group also have developed a strong practice in matters involving the responsibilities and rights of departing employees. This practice includes both counseling and litigation regarding employee mobility, restrictive covenants and trade secrets.