Commercial litigation attorney Roxanne Zhilo’s legal practices focus on business litigation and complex civil litigation matters. She also works as a small to medium-sized business (SMB) counsel, and has experience with employment law and small contract matters. She regularly advises non-profits and businesses in risk mitigation, liability assessment, procedural and protocol framework, and employee policies.
Roxanne received her J.D. from Villanova University's Charles Widger School of Law. During her time there, she authored her 3L thesis on the intersection of Social Media and E-Discovery within the realm of Litigation. This exploration delved into how the standard for invading privacy evolves within specific legal domains and would shape Roxanne's subsequent interest in the technology space. Her role as a liaison between her firm and digital forensics companies was further cultivated in her work with extensive data sets, electronic discovery, and various aspects of litigation technology. In recognition of her work, Roxanne was included in the Legal Intelligencer's Lawyers on the Fast Track and Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists.
Prior to joining the firm, Roxanne worked as a commercial litigation associate in New Jersey. There, she worked cases that spanned a broad array of matters including, but not limited to: business and contractual litigation, real estate litigation, construction litigation, cemetery law, entertainment law and employment and liability counseling. Prior to that, Roxanne spearheaded a satellite office in Bucks County for a prominent Philadelphia firm. While there, she worked on general civil litigation matters. She also helped streamline processes in the department, and brought in new technologies to help with efficiency and growth. Roxanne’s empathetic nature made her a client favorite, as she understands that in matters of personal justice, every case deserves special attention.
Roxanne was born and raised in Northeast Philadelphia. She attended George Washington High School in Somerton Philadelphia, then received her B.A. from Temple University in Strategic and Organizational Communications before attending law school. Her concentrations in rhetorical studies and public relations helped educate her in persuasion and communication, in a way that would be critical to her future success as a litigator.
Roxanne enjoys spending her time with her friends and family, and is an active member of her community. She has helped to form and advise non-profits for school programing, town watches, and even a music festival. Roxanne is fluent in Russian and works with various religious and immigrant organizations. She also still actively gives back to her high school and undergrad, working as both an advisor to certain organizations and a mentor to students.
Affiliations & Honors
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars List 2020-2023 (NJ 2020; PA 2021-present)
- Lawyers on the Fast Track presented by the Legal Intelligencer, 2021
- Spirit of Town Watch Award for Public Safety and Community
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Female Professional Collective
- The Pyramid Club Technology Round Table
- Russian Speaking Professionals Network
- Temple University Chabad Alumni Board
- Temple University Young Professionals Mentor
- Young FIDF: Pennsylvania & Southern New Jersey Chapter
- NE Phila Connected Founding Board Member
- Guest Speaker on the 16th Minute with Damon Feldman. “Women on the Move” Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
- Guest Speaker, The Technology Round Table at the Pyramid Club, “The Legal Side of Social Media and Internet Presence: Liabilities, Risks, Benefits, Ethical Considerations, and How It May Lead To or Effect Potential Litigation.” Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
- NE Phila Connected presents an Interview by Roxanne Zhilo with Bucks County D.A. Matt Weintraub
Federal District Court for the District of New Jersey
Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, PA (Juris Doctorate, 2014)
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, Strategic and Organizational Communications, 2011)
Russian Speaking Lawyer
Attorney John S. Han Joins High Swartz LLP's Norristown Law Office
High Swartz LLP is pleased to welcome criminal defense attorney John S. Han to the...
High Swartz Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 Edition
The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 edition includes 11 High Swartz Attorneys including its Ones...
- Attorney Roxanne Zhilo Joins High Swartz's Commercial Litigation Group
- Philadelphia Transfer Tax Update for 2023
- Celebrating Diversity with the Robert E. Slota Summer 1L Program
- High Net Worth Divorce: How to Protect Your Business
- Joel D. Rosen, Esq. Joins Board of Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
- Mary Cushing Doherty Leads LLS Advocacy Group on 2023 DC visit
- High Swartz Welcomes Li Shao Via MBA Diversity Internship & Development Program
- Do I Need a DUI Lawyer?
Roxanne is someone to fully depend on to get your rights, and get then good. She is diligent, pays attention to details, speaks well, argues cogently and convincingly. She is the kind of lawyer you want when you need a lawyer, and is just the kind of person you want to be on the same side as and with. I strongly recommend her as dependable, decent and delivering with quality and efficiently.
Roxanne was very attentive and made sure I always knew what was going on throughout the process. She always got back to me right away and gave me any information she had so I was never in the dark. She made me feel comfortable talking with her and I am very pleased with the outcome. I would recommend her 100%.